Friday, June 6, 2008

"Bleeding Love" (Leona Lewis)

Does a person or situation ever effect a song for you in such a way that it suddenly means something which the artist/writer/producers never meant for it to mean?
I suppose that's the thing about music, though. It's objective for each person who hears it. We sing along and walk away with our own interpretation.
And though nobody will understand what this post is about, I have felt the need to post this for the last few days.
If I could take you out of your world and away from whatever demons have dug their claws into you, I would take you away. I would feed you cookies and milk and try so, so, so hard to fix you. It's isn't right. I have tried & tried to justify it, but it isn't right, what he does to you. What you want him to do to you. Your skin is so silky, so beautiful, like mocha cream. Your hair, a luscious cascade of brown. You are like a Greecian goddess, and should be sitting on a throne with men basking at your feet, begging to look into your eyes for only a moment. What has happened to you, what horrible pain consumed you or jaded you in this way?
Maybe I should feel worse for R, who, while being in your similar situation, will never be anywhere near as beautiful as you. Is it not worse for her? But something about you catches me and I cannot forget the things I have seen & heard. It was difficult to listen, it was shocking and offensive, and now I cannot forget.

No comments: