Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Overslept

I overslept this morning. Isn't it the oddest phenomenon when you wake up, note the time is 11 AM or noon, know you've slept 10 hours, but can't fight the strange urge to roll over and KEEP sleeping? I'm not going to say it's ruins the day, but it makes my day a non-day. I feel groggy and wierd. Is it true that you can "catch up" on sleep? Or is that like brushing your teeth "really really really well" before the dentist appointment?
A few more weeks and I will find out for sure when my husband comes home for leave. It's been so long now...On the surface I am excited that he's coming home, but deep down inside, I have stopped believing I will ever see him again. Perhaps I will explode with excitement on the drive to the airport, finally accepting that YES, this reunion is going to take place. Somehow my life just became life without him. Maybe that seems harsh. I still love him, and I will welcome him home with proud, open arms. Still... my heart just gave up. It stopped believing. Or maybe it just layed itself down into dormancy, to try to stop hurting, to escape the pain.

No comments: